Described by Dr. Eddy Supriyadi, SP.A, from Sardjito Hospital in Yogyakarta, there are two basic components in a child's brain development, which is a safe and positive experience.
When a baby is feeling depressed, the brain will respond by producing cortisol substances. High cortisol levels will slow the development of the brain.
Environmentally safe and comfortable baby might need to help brain development. Give a response when the baby crying and babbling.
Experience received each day will also help the brain development of children. Activities carried out in everyday life, such as taking children to the market or to the bookstore, said pediatrician graduates, it is very important for the establishment of networks of brain cell development.
Dr. Eddy provides 10 tips for parents to establish a baseline brain development of children:
1. Give care and a strong affection during pregnancy.
2. Give adequate nutrition. The first six months of life, give adequate nutrition with breast milk.
3. Provide a safe and comfortable environment for children.
4. Talk to your baby. Make eye contact when talking to children. Do not forget to always smile to the child.
5. When you have to entrust the child, look for high quality daycare.
6. Recommend a variety of music in children, and sing along.
7. Give a real interaction with the child for brain development. Do not let children watch television for too long. Limit the time.
8. Give space for children to interact with peers.
9. Relieve stress on parents. Parents who are experiencing stress tend to shift the stress to their children. When you feel stressed, try to tell people close to you.
10. Remember, the brain will never stop growing. So, give the children lots of stimulation continuously.